Biofreeze is a topical joint pain product that claims to deliver fast pain relief. It is produced in various forms including cream, gel, patch, pump, roll-on, and spray. Some people believe the best muscle cream for runners is biofreeze cream.
The brand that formulates Biofreeze specializes in joint issues only thus it claims to have expertise in the field. Ingredients like aloe vera leaf extract and menthol have been used to formulate this joint relief product. From overview it might be safe to say that some of Alternatives for Biofreeze we analyze in this article use the ingredients that most best pain relief creams around deploy.
Unlike other topical pain relief preparations, Biofreeze approaches pain differently. It uses a cooling effect to divert pain from the pain spot on the skin, joint, or muscle. This mechanism is known as the gate control theory which entails menthol working as a counterirritant to divert attention from the pain.
This, therefore points out Biofreeze as not only efficient for home use but may also suite professional use. Sports athletes and gym enthusiasts can all use this product to relieve after workout pain. Biofreeze gel is prescription free and according to the manufacturer, it is clinically recommended. In other words, the producer puts it in the same level with medical grade organic pain products.
Arthrozene as the #1 Biofreeze Alternative
Arthrozene is a natural supplement that promises to support joint pain, inflammation, and stiffness. It is manufactured by an American company known as Fisico Inc.
The company claims that Arthrozene is a combination of three ingredients that work together to promote overall joint health. Arthrozene may be among the best cream for for lower back pain according to some users. This product works in three steps;
- Contains B-2 cool which is formulated with type II collagen which works to stop cartilage breakdown.
- Hyaluronic acid in the formula enhances joint mobility and
- Boswellia serrata helps to prevent stiffness and pain
Some of the ingredients present in arthrozene include;
- Boswellia Serrata– this ingredient contains biologically active constituents that act synergistically to enhance the anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activity that improves both physical and functional ability. According to Phytotherapy Research, boswellia serrata reduces pain and stiffness.
- B-2 Cool– this is a patented ingredient that is made up of type II collagen that is claimed to offer benefits to those with osteoarthritis. According to the Animals journal, type II collagen which is the most abundant protein in mammals has connective tissues for the skin, bones, and cell surfaces among others. The journal further claims that type II collagen is more effective than glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements.
Relief Factor as the #2 Biofreeze Alternative
Relief Factor is another natural supplement that makes an immediate Biofreeze alternative. It claims to help the body fight against inflammation together with the agents that cause its occurrence.
Relief Factor also claims to boost the body with necessary nutrients to arm itself against inflammation-causing agents.
Also read Biofreeze vs Tiger Balm
According to the manufacturer, Relief Factor was formulated by a team of doctors to provide a natural option for people using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs). The supplement may be a good a good pain relief alternative supplement as it may provide full support for painful and ailing joints. It further supports the body’s healthy response to inflammation which in turn decreases discomfort. While this product may not provide instant results, it offers long term improvement in joint health. Some of the ingredients that make this possible are;
- Resveratrol– this is a natural compound found in a variety of plants including the skin of berries, grapes, and peanuts. According to the Nutrients journal, resveratrol is a powerful therapeutic option for anti-aging. In rheumatic disorders, resveratrol supports the joints through its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties.
- Curcumin– this is a naturally occurring substance found in turmeric. It has anti-inflammatory effects. According to the Harvard Medical Journal, curcumin has been advocated to be efficient in cardiovascular health and arthritic conditions. It is found to relieve arthritis symptoms with fewer side effects. It is also reported to cause weight loss.
Related article: Alternatives to Relief Factor.
Biofreeze vs Athrozene vs Relief Factor
Arthrozene and Relief Factor are both great alternatives to Biofreeze gel, spary or roll on because they go beyond instant pain relief. These supplements contain ingredients that help slow cartilage destruction and offer support for repair and rebuilding of joint tissues.
Therefore, these two products offer long term joint support to patients with joint issues if are looking for replace Biofreeze. They may even be used in place NSAIDs which usually have long term side effects and that some users brand them the best muscle pain relief creams.
Other Cheaper Alternatives to Biofreeze:
There many joint relief products that pose as cheaper alternative to Biofreeze’s line of products, but this does necessary mean in price. As in, just because a supplement costs a bit less than another doesn’t mean it is cheap, the length of time it lasts might be shorter so you may end up going back to the shop for the same supplement more times. While on the other, the one that is priced a bit up could be cheaper in that it lasts longer. For this reason, we consider the below products to be more logical as cheaper alternatives to Biofreeze:
|Turmeric Curcumin Plus||$23.9||Curcuminoids, Tumeric Extract, Piperine (Bioperine)|
|Therawork Relief||$20.49||Vitamin E, Grapefruit Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Aloe vera gel,|
|Blue Emu||$53.78||Dimethicone, blue emu, allantoin, aloe vera gel, panthenol, stearic acid, mineral oil|
|Projoint Plus||$29.95||Boswellia, methionine, glucosamine sulfate, turmeric|
In conclusion, it is worth knowing that with most of these so-called organic pain relief products, the results one user gets might always not be exactly for everybody else.