Joint health is an important aspect of quality living as it allows movement without discomfort. While this is an ideal situation, health conditions, over usage, and injury may hinder the normal functioning of the joints.
To promote joint health, there are various joint supplements available in the market. Let’s take a look at two of these supplements; longvida vs meriva.
Longvida Optimised Curcumin Overview:
Longvida Optimised Curcumin is a high absorption curcumin supplement that claims to draw its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties from turmeric. This supplement is manufactured by Igennus Healthcare Nutrition, a family-owned business based in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Thorne Research Meriva SF is also a curcumin-based joint pain supplement. It features meriva, a highly studied form of curcumin that is claimed to have the greatest absorption capability compared to other forms of curcumin. The manufacturer of this supplement is Thorne, a company that proclaims to have expertise in human health.
You may also want to read about Triflex vs Instaflex.
Read on to find out which is better; longvida vs meriva curcumin.
Longvida vs Meriva: Ingredients Comparison
Ingredients set supplements apart. For that reason, we need to take a closer look at what longvida vs meriva united contain. Longvida ingredients include;
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose– this is an odorless and tasteless polymer that is usually used for effective drug delivery. According to Pelagia Research Library, this ingredient is soluble, flexible, and does not interfere with tablet disintegration.
- Stearic Acid– this is a long-chain fatty acid that is also known as octadecanoic acid. The Nutrients journal claims that stearic acid showed increased pain symptoms in male Wistar rats while lauric and myristic acid reduced the symptoms.
- Soya Lecithin– this is an essential fat found in soybeans. It is used as an emulsifier, antioxidant, and flavor protector. According to the Lipids in Health and Disease journal, phospholipids supplementation reduces the development of arthritis.
Meriva ingredients include;
- Meriva– this is a form of curcumin. Curcumin is known to improve joint function. According to the Journal of Medicinal Food, meriva improved joint stiffness and movement as well as other assessments in comparison with the chondroitin group.
- Hypromellose– this is short for hydroxypropyl methylcellulose. It is a modified cellulose polymer. The Journal of the American College of Toxicology claims this ingredient allows drugs to pass unchanged through the gastrointestinal tract. Also boosts the slow release of drugs.
- Curcuma Longa Extract– the Journal of Medicinal Food claims that this extract is a potential alternative medicine for arthritis. It has been in use for years due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Customer Reviews for Longvida vs Meriva
|Longvida customer feedback
|Meriva customer feedback
| 1.Great company, great product
“I ordered this supplement hoping for some relief from arthritic symptoms in my feet. In addition, it had been suggested by my psychiatrist that I might consider taking turmeric for its mental health benefits. To sum up, I am very satisfied with both seller and product…”
| 1.Helped my bursitis
“I am usually not one to say something works quickly…I started taking this for inflammation after trying several cheap brands. I had very bad bursitis in my hips which was making it very difficult to walk at work. I did nothing else different besides taking this product and it’s only been two weeks, but my hips are feeling much better….”
| 2.Didn’t work for me
“A typical supplement as it did not improve any ability to perform physical activity. I do not have any serious joint issues that restrict ambulatory movement. My joint pain is low grade, but I could not tell any improvement while taking this supplement.”
| 2.Recommended by friends
“It really didn’t do anything for me. My knees are bone to bone and that’s not what this is for. Had to try. It was recommended by several friends.
Choosing between these two supplements is quite tricky. A glimpse at longvida vs meriva reddit forum shows that some users favor longvida, while others meriva. However, for longvida vs meriva curcumin better assessment, we should go beyond user recommendation and check with the professionals.
According to dietician Eliza Savage, Meriva scores highly compared to longvida thanks to its greater ansorption power. Meriva SF was found to be efficient for osteoarthritis patients because it was better in disease control, decreasing the use of NSAIDs, and improving the quality of life.
There’s also a need to consider, “can longvida vs meriva curcumin cause allergic reactions?” Thorne Research Meriva SF is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, unlike its counterpart which contains soy lecithin. So, again meriva takes the lead.
Finally, if interested in the neurological benefits of curcumin, you can research further on longvida vs meriva vs bcm-95. Other insightful comparisons include MoveMD vs Instaflex, Instaflex vs Triflex.